6.01.2006

The Thoughtless Young Man

One has the right to suspicion concerning the thoughts that I claim to have, yet do not reveal. I confess that I simply do not take the time to post although I do in fact possess thoughts pertaining to things of eternal value.

Speaking of which I've been reading Psalm 119 lately and came across verse 116 the other day. It says, "Sustain me according to Your word, that I may live; And do not let me be ashamed of my hope." This verse immediately prompted my thinking and caused me to evaluate whether I am ashamed of my hope. I know in my heart that my hope is the Lord and the truths in His Word but am I ashamed of that? So often I try to live on my own strength and therefore I get lost in my pride and lose my focus. If I would just rely on Him to be my Rock and not fear those who can merely destroy the body (Matthew 10:28) He would give me the boldness to proclaim the hope that I possess. Oh what a treasure and priceless gem the Word of God is.

No comments: